URGENT: Testimony for Senate Hearing Needed in Support of Medical Aid in Dying – HB 2739
We need testimony in STRONG SUPPORT for House Bill 2739 – RELATING TO HEALTH
HB 2739 establishes a regulatory process under which an adult resident of the State with a medically confirmed terminal disease and less than six months to live may choose to obtain a prescription for medication to end the patient’s life. Imposes criminal sanctions for tampering with a patient’s request for a prescription or coercing a patient to request a prescription. Read the bill here.
HB 2739 is being heard by the Senate’s Committee on Commerce, Consumer Protection & Health on Friday, March 16, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. in Conference Room 229.
Your testimony doesn’t need to be long just a couple of sentences about why you think that the state should ban conversion therapy. If you have a lot to say that is great but please try and keep your testimony to under a page.
REMINDER: We need your testimony in by Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 8:30 a.m.
To submit testimony on-line follow these 10 easy steps
2. Go to: https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/
3. Click the “Sign In” link if you already have an account or the “Register” link if this is your first time submitting testimony.
3A. Fill in the your email address and password or fill out the Registration Form
4. Click the “Submit Testimony” orange button in the middle of the page
5. Type the bill number without any spaces – HB2739 – into the upper left hand box entitled “Enter Bill or Measure”
6. Click the button letting them know if you Support of Oppose the bill, please note that “Comments Only” is usually used for organizations or departments that are not taking a position but want to pass along some information to the committee
7. Let them know if you will or will not be testifying in person at the hearing.
8. Copy and paste your testimony in to text box or
8A. If you want you can save your testimony written in your word processing and save it as either .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, .txt, .odt format (We recommend .pdf) and click the “Choose File” button and attach your document as you would any email attachment.
9. Review your answers to #s 7 – 8.
10. Then press “Submit” button
If you have any questions please do not hesitate in contacting me.