Stonewall Caucus 2021 Legislative Priorities
- Getting the State to fund/secure Homeless Youth Shelters across the State (homeless unaccompanied minors) HB 282
- Expanding gender markers on birth certificates: SB 281 & HB 1231
- Removal of statute of limitations for survivors of sexual abuse as children SB 163, SB 833 & HB 570 – Criminal Charges SB 381
- Allowing minors to access health care for HIV & PrEP without parental consent SB 25 &
No bills were introduced for these 2 priorities due to the historic economic depression that the State is facing due to the COVID pandemic.
- Health centers for the neighbor islands that include mental health services with access for LGBTQIA+ (youth & adult)
- Establish the Hawaii State Commission on the Status of the LGBTQ+ Community