URGENT: Testimony Needed to Support Homeless Youth – SB 2008
We need testimony in STRONG SUPPORT for Senate Bill 2008 – RELATING TO HOMELESS YOUTH
SB 2008 appropriates funds to the department of human services to provide outreach to and shelter and services for homeless youth.
It is being heard by the Senate’s Committee on Human Services and Senate’s Committee on Housing on Friday, January 26, 2018 at 3:30 p.m. in room 016.
Your testimony doesn’t need to be long just a couple of sentences about why you think that the state should ensure that homeless youth have support. If you have a lot to say that is great but please keep your testimony under a page.
REMINDER: We need your testimony in by Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 3:30 p.m.
To submit testimony on-line follow these 10 easy steps
1. Write your testimony in a word processing program. (Remember to do check your spelling and grammar.)
2. Go to: https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/
3. Click the “Sign In” link if you already have an account or the “Register” link if this is your first time submitting testimony.
3A. Fill in the your email address and password or fill out the Registration Form
4. Click the “Submit Testimony” orange button in the middle of the page
5. Type “SB2008” into the upper left hand box entitled “Enter Bill or Measure”
6. Click the “Support” button and
7. Let them know if you will or will not be testifying in person at the hearing.
8. Copy and paste your testimony in to text box or
8A. If you want you can save your testimony written in your word processing and save it as either .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, .txt, .odt format (We recommend .pdf) and click the “Choose File” button and attach your document as you would any email attachment.
9. Press the “Save Progress” and review your #s 7 – 8.
10. Then press “Submit” button
If you have any questions please do not hesitate in contacting us.
Reminder the LGBT Caucus’s February Meeting has been moved up to Saturday, Feb 10 at 9:00 a.m., as we are hosting the Lt. Governor’s Candidate Forum with the Labor Caucus.
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/161969877863458/