URGENT: Testimony needed in STRONG Support of SB 270 – to BAN CONVERSION THERAPY
The 2018 Legislative Session has started and bill supporting one of our major issues, supporting homeless youth, already has a hearing!
We need testimony in STRONG SUPPORT for Senate Bill 270 – RELATING TO MINORS
SB 270 prohibits persons licensed to provide professional counseling from engaging in, attempting to engage in, or advertising sexual orientation change efforts on persons under 18 years of age. Read the bill here.
SB 270 is being heard by the Senate’s Committee on Commerce, Consumer Protection, and Health on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in room 229.
Your testimony doesn’t need to be long just a couple of sentences about why you think that the state should ban conversion therapy. If you have a lot to say that is great but please keep your testimony under a page.
REMINDER: We need your testimony in by Monday, February 19, 2018 at 9:00 a.m.
To submit testimony on-line follow these 10 easy steps
2. Go to: https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/
3. Click the “Sign In” link if you already have an account or the “Register” link if this is your first time submitting testimony.
3A. Fill in the your email address and password or fill out the Registration Form
4. Click the “Submit Testimony” orange button in the middle of the page
5. Type the bill number without any spaces (i.e HB000 or SB000) into the upper left hand box entitled “Enter Bill or Measure”
6. Click the button letting them know if you Support of Oppose the bill, please note that “Comments Only” is usually used for organizations or departments that are not taking a position but want to pass along some information to the committee
7. Let them know if you will or will not be testifying in person at the hearing.
8. Copy and paste your testimony in to text box or
8A. If you want you can save your testimony written in your word processing and save it as either .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, .txt, .odt format (We recommend .pdf) and click the “Choose File” button and attach your document as you would any email attachment.
9. Review your answers to #s 7 – 8.
10. Then press “Submit” button