Supporting VP Biden & Senator Harris, Announcing our September Guest Speaker
Support Biden-Harris in Battle Ground States
We are weeks away from the most important election of our lives, and we need YOUR help reaching LGBTQ+ and pro-equality voters in battleground states to ensure Vice President Joe Biden and Senator Kamala Harris are victorious in November.
The shift is every Tuesday from 12:00 – 2:00 PM (Hawaii Time) and you can do it from the safety of your own home. You don’t have to do the entire 2 hours, even 30 minutes can make a big difference.
Click here to sign-up: https://www.mobilize.us/joebiden/event/312232/
If you are unable to join in the phone banking and would like to help the LGBT Caucus spread the word you can:
- Share this email with everyone in your contact list,
- Share our social media posts, and/or
- Make a donation to the LGBT Caucus so that we have the funds so can promote our social media posts.
2020 General Election Dates
October 5 – Voter Registration Deadline – to have a ballot mailed to voter olvr.hawaii.govOctober 16 – Ballots received to every registered voterOctober 20 through Election Day, November 3 – Voter Service Centers open & Places of Deposit available – Click here for the locationsNovember 3 – General Election Day (VSC open 7:00 am – 7:00 pm) & all mailed ballots MUST BE RECEIVED by 7:00 pm
List, as of this message, of the LGBT Caucus Endorsements & Statements of Support are at the bottom of this email.
LGBT Caucus September Virtual Meeting
Date: Saturday, September 19, 2020
Time: 10:00 am
- Guest Speaker – Keith Amemiya – candidate for Mayor of the C&C of Honolulu
- Review of Candidates responses for the General Election
- Possible endorsements or
- Statement of Support
- 2021 Legislative Preprations
- 2020 Census Reminder
Meeting ID: 793 7845 1009
One tap mobile
+14157629988,,79378451009# US (Houston)
+16465687788,,79378451009# US (San Jose)
Zoom – Call into a Zoom Meeting
Audio conferencing participant will need to call: (415) 762-9988 or (646) 568-7788. AND follow the verbal instructions.
Enter the meeting ID you wish to join followed by the # key.
You will be asked to enter your participant ID. If you do not know your participant ID, simply press the # key.
2020 Candidate Surveys
The candidates that were successful and moved onto the General Election have their responses available here.
U.S. Representative Races: https://bit.ly/2020FedRespLGBT
State Races: https://bit.ly/2020StateRespsLGBT
All County Races: https://bit.ly/2020CntyRespLGBT
All Democrats heading into the General Election are encouraged to fill out our survey as we will be looking at doing additional Endorsements and/or Statements of Support at our September meeting.
U.S. Representative Races: https://bit.ly/2020FedLGBT
State Races: https://bit.ly/2020StateLGBT
All County Races: https://bit.ly/2020CntyLGBT
LGBT Caucus 2021 Legislative Priorities
- Getting the State to fund/secure Homeless Youth Shelters across the State (homeless unaccompanied minors)
- Expanding gender markers on birth certificates
- Health centers for the neighbor islands that include mental health services with access for LGBTQIA+ (youth & adult)
- Removal of statute of limitations for survivors of sexual abuse as children
- Allowing minors to access health care for HIV & PrEP without parental consent
- Establish the Hawaii State Commission on the Status of the LGBTQ+ Community
Mahalo nui loa!
Michael Golojuch, Jr. (He/Him/His)
LGBT Caucus of the Democratic Party of Hawai’i
Ways to Help Our Candidates
- Vote for them, if you are able
- Donate, if you are able
- Ask your friends and family in their district to vote for the candidates
- Contact the campaign and volunteer to make phone calls and support their campaign activities
- Share the LGBT Caucus and the campaign social media posts supporting their candidacy
LGBT CAUCUS ENDORSEMENTS
2020 General Election
Joe Biden for President & Kamala Harris for Vice President of
the United State of America
Kai Kahele for Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District
Watch/Listen to the:
Recording of Kai Kahele’s meeting with the LGBT Caucus
- Jeanné Kapela (House District 5)
- Tina Wildeberger (House District 11)
- Keith Kogachi (House District 17)
- Adrian Tam (House District 22) – Adrian is a member of Hawaii’s LGBTQIA+ community and he will be facing the founder of the Hawaii chapter of the “Proud Boys” a white supremacy based organization.
- Trish LaChica (House District 36)
- Ryan Yamane (House District 37)
- Michael Chapman (House District 45)
- Lisa Marten (House District 51)
County Races (for these races they are Statements of Support)
City & County of Honolulu