LGBT Caucus Nominations Are In for the ’20 – ’22 Term
Nominees For LGBT Caucus
Officers & Steering Committee Members
2020 General Election Info
Happy National Coming Out Day!
Today (Oct 11) at 5:00 pm was the deadline to submit nominations for the LGBT Caucus’s Steering Committee positions for the 2020 – 2022 term. Here are those people that were nominated and since there were no races these nominees they will be elected by acclamation at our meeting this coming Saturday, October 17th at 3:00 PM on Zoom pursuant to the procedures that announced at our September meeting and laid out in previous emails.
- Chair: Michael Golojuch, Jr.
- Vice-Chair: Hannah Liebreich
- Secretary: Lynn Robinson-Onderko
- Treasurer: James Vivian Mateo
- At-Large Rep: Adrian Tam
- At-Large Rep: VACANT
- Kaua’i County Rep: VACANT
- Maui County Rep: Deb Cohn
- Hawai’i County Rep: Zahara “Z” Zaidoff
- SCC Rep: Eileen McKee
- SCC Rep: Michael Golojuch, Jr.
Agenda for the October LGBT Caucus Meeting
- Additions to the Agenda
- Elections for the 2020 – 2022 term for the LGBT Caucus
- Review of the nomination and election process
- Positions elected by acclamation
- Open Nominations for
- At-Large Representative
- Kauai County Representative
- 2021 Legislative Prep
Join LGBT Caucus Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81788100867?pwd=MFlFWEExMjlhN2kvelY0NGM1WG9yQT09
Meeting ID: 817 8810 0867
One tap mobile:
- +13462487799,,81788100867#,,,,,,0#,,115630# US (Houston)
- +14086380968,,81788100867#,,,,,,0#,,115630# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 817 8810 0867
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdF0aJ9Ft2
2020 General Election Information
As ballots arrive we wanted to make sure that everyone has the tools to make sure they are able to vote and that their vote is counted. Here is a video that will give you that information.
Power Point Presentation: http://bit.ly/LGBT2020GenElection
Where to find the nearest Places of Deposit & Voter Service Centers: https://elections.hawaii.gov/voter-service-centers-and-places-of-deposit/
More information on How to Vote: https://hawaiidemocrats.org/voteblue2020/
October 16 – Ballots received to every registered voter – Office of Elections announced that ballots will be mailed on the following dates:
- City and County of Honolulu: October 5 & 6, 2020
- County of Hawai’i: October 7, 2020
- County of Maui: October 8, 2020
- County of Kaua’i: October 9, 2020
October 20 through Election Day, November 3(excluding Sundays) – Voter Service Centers open & Places of Deposit available – Click here for the locationsNovember 3 – General Election Day (VSC open 7:00 am – 7:00 pm) & all mailed ballots MUST BE RECEIVED by 7:00 pm
An updated list of the LGBT Caucus Endorsements & Statements of Support are at the bottom of this email.
Support Biden-Harris in Battle Ground States
We need YOUR help now more than ever in reaching LGBTQIA+ and pro-equality voters in battleground states to ensure Vice President Joe Biden and Senator Kamala Harris are victorious in November.
The shift is EVERY Tuesday from 12:00 – 2:00 PM (Hawaii Time) ONLY THREE (3) Tuesdays left and you can do it from the safety of your own home. You don’t have to do the entire 2 hours, even 30 minutes can make a big difference.
Click here to sign-up: https://www.mobilize.us/joebiden/event/312232/
2020 Candidate Surveys
The candidates that were successful and moved onto the General Election have their responses available here.
LGBT Caucus 2021 Legislative Priorities
- Getting the State to fund/secure Homeless Youth Shelters across the State (homeless unaccompanied minors)
- Expanding gender markers on birth certificates
- Health centers for the neighbor islands that include mental health services with access for LGBTQIA+ (youth & adult)
- Removal of statute of limitations for survivors of sexual abuse as children
- Allowing minors to access health care for HIV & PrEP without parental consent
- Establish the Hawaii State Commission on the Status of the LGBTQ+ Community
Mahalo nui loa!
Michael Golojuch, Jr. (He/Him/His)
LGBT Caucus of the Democratic Party of Hawai’i
Ways to Help Our Candidates
- Vote for them, if you are able
- Donate, if you are able
- Ask your friends and family in their district to vote for the candidates
- Contact the campaign and volunteer to make phone calls and support their campaign activities
- Share the LGBT Caucus and the campaign social media posts supporting their candidacy
LGBT CAUCUS ENDORSEMENTS
2020 General Election
Joe Biden for President & Kamala Harris for Vice President of
the United State of America
Kai Kahele for Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District
Watch/Listen to the: Recording of Kai Kahele’s meeting with the LGBT Caucus
- Joy San Buenaventura (Senate District 2)
- Gil Keith-Agaran (Senate District 5)
- Stanley Chang (Senate District 9)
- Jeanné Kapela (House District 5)
- Tina Wildeberger (House District 11)
- Keith Kogachi (House District 17)
- Jackson Sayama (House District 20)
- Adrian Tam (House District 22) – Adrian is a member of Hawaii’s LGBTQIA+ community and he will be facing the founder of the Hawaii chapter of the “Proud Boys” a white supremacy based organization.
- Trish LaChica (House District 36)
- Ryan Yamane (House District 37)
- Michael Chapman (House District 45)
- Lisa Marten (House District 51)
County Races (* = Statements of Support)
- Mason Chock – County Council*
- Felicia Cowden – County Council*
- KipuKai Kuali’i – County Council* – KipuKai is currently the only out LGBTQIA+ elected official. He is a fighter for justice and equality and deserves to be re-elected!
City & County of Honolulu
- Keith Amemiya – Mayor – click here for the recording of Keith’s meeting with the LGBT Caucus.
- Steve Alm – Honolulu Prosecutor*
- Will Espero – Council District 9
- Jacob Aki – Council District 7*