How to submit testimony
Make sure YOUR voice is heard on the issues that matter to you!
1. Write your testimony in a word processing program. (Remember to do check your spelling and grammar.)
2. Go to: https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/
3. Click the “Sign In” link if you already have an account or the “Register” link if this is your first time submitting testimony.
3A. Fill in the your email address and password or fill out the Registration Form
4. Click the “Submit Testimony” orange button in the middle of the page
5. Type the bill number without any spaces (i.e HB000 or SB000) into the upper left hand box entitled “Enter Bill or Measure”
6. Click the button letting them know if you Support of Oppose the bill, please note that “Comments Only” is usually used for organizations or departments that are not taking a position but want to pass along some information to the committee and
7. Let them know if you will or will not be testifying in person at the hearing.
8. Copy and paste your testimony in to text box or
8A. If you want you can save your testimony written in your word processing and save it as either .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, .txt, .odt format (We recommend .pdf) and click the “Choose File” button and attach your document as you would any email attachment.
9. Review your answers to #s 7 – 8.
10. Then press “Submit” button
IMPORTANT: If your testimony was received there will now be a “Green” box on the left-hand side of the screen with the bill number and hearing date. If not there will be an orange box with the bill number and hearing date. If you have an orange box click the edit link and repeat steps 8 – 10.