We Have A HEARING for Medical Aid In Dying! HB 2739
URGENT: Testimony needed in STRONG SUPPORT for HB 2739 which establishes a regulatory process under which an adult resident of the State with a medically confirmed terminal disease and less than six months to live may choose to obtain a prescription for medication to end the patient’s life. Imposes criminal sanctions for tampering with a patient’s request for a prescription or coercing a patient to request a prescription.
HB 2739 (Medical aid in dying aka Death with Dignity) will be heard in a joint hearing of the House’s committees on Health & Human Services and Judiciary on Tuesday, Feb 27 at 10:30 AM in Hawaii State Auditorium (Chamber level)
Your testimony doesn’t need to be long just a couple of sentences on why you support medical aid in dying. If you have a lot to say that is great we just recommend keeping your testimony to one page.
We need testimony by Monday, Feb 26 at 10:30 AM
To submit testimony on-line follow these 10 easy steps
1. Write your testimony in a word processing program. (Remember to do check your spelling and grammar.)
2. Go to: https://
3. Click the “Sign In” link if you already have an account or the “Register” link if this is your first time submitting testimony.
3A. Fill in the your email address and password or fill out the Registration Form
4. Click the “Submit Testimony” orange button in the middle of the page
5. Type the bill number without any spaces (i.e HB000 or SB000) into the upper left hand box entitled “Enter Bill or Measure”
6. Click the button letting them know if you Support of Oppose the bill, please note that “Comments Only” is usually used for organizations or departments that are not taking a position but want to pass along some information to the committee
7. Let them know if you will or will not be testifying in person at the hearing.
8. Copy and paste your testimony in to text box or
8A. If you want you can save your testimony written in your word processing and save it as either .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, .txt, .odt format (We recommend .pdf) and click the “Choose File” button and attach your document as you would any email attachment.
9. Review your answers to #s 7 – 8.
10. Then press “Submit” button
IMPORTANT: If your testimony was received there will now be a “Green” box on the left-hand side of the screen with the bill number and hearing date. If not there will be an orange box with the bill number and hearing date. If you have an orange box click the edit link and repeat steps 8 – 10.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate in contacting us.