Conversion Therapy Ban Has its FINAL HEARING
Because of your support we have a hearing for SB 270 – Relating to Minors
We need testimony in STRONG SUPPORT for Senate Bill 270 – RELATING TO MINORS
SB 270 prohibits persons licensed to provide professional counseling from engaging in, attempting to engage in, or advertising sexual orientation change efforts on persons under 18 years of age. Read the bill here.
SB 270 is being heard by the House’s Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. in room 325.
Your testimony doesn’t need to be long just a couple of sentences about why you think that the state should ban conversion therapy. If you have a lot to say that is great but please keep your testimony under a page.
REMINDER: We need your testimony in by Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 2:00 PM.
To submit testimony on-line follow these 10 easy steps
- Write your testimony in a word processing program. (Remember to do check your spelling and grammar.)
2. Go to: https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/
3. Click the “Sign In” link if you already have an account or the “Register” link if this is your first time submitting testimony.
3A. Fill in the your email address and password or fill out the Registration Form
4. Click the “Submit Testimony” orange button in the middle of the page
5. Type the bill number without any spaces SB270 into the upper left hand box entitled “Enter Bill or Measure”
6. Click the button letting them know if you Support of Oppose the bill, please note that “Comments Only” is usually used for organizations or departments that are not taking a position but want to pass along some information to the committee
7. Let them know if you will or will not be testifying in person at the hearing.
8. Copy and paste your testimony in to text box or
8A. If you want you can save your testimony written in your word processing and save it as either .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, .txt, .odt format (We recommend .pdf) and click the “Choose File” button and attach your document as you would any email attachment.
9. Review your answers to #s 7 – 8.
10. Then press “Submit” button
IMPORTANT: If your testimony was received there will now be a “Green” box on the left-hand side of the screen with the bill number and hearing date. If not there will be an orange box with the bill number and hearing date. If you have an orange box click the edit link and repeat steps 8 – 10.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate in contacting us.